On April 17 and 18, 2010, Dennis Corporation celebrated the U.S. Navy’s Blue Angels Flight Demonstration with festivities held at the Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina in Mt. Pleasant. Dennis Corporation employees, clients and friends of the firm gathered to view the flight demonstration held on both days of the celebration. From a suite with views overlooking the marina, USS Yorktown, and the USS Clamagore, celebrants had an up-close view of the flight demonstration and the planes’ aerobatic capabilities.
During the demonstration, which lasted approximately one hour, the Blue Angels demonstrate “choreographed refinements and graceful aerobatic maneuvers” including the four-jet Diamond Formation and the six-jet Delta Formation. Founded in 1946, the mission of the Blue Angels is to “enhance Navy recruiting, and credibly represent Navy and Marine Corps aviation to the United States and its Armed Forces to America and other countries as international ambassadors of good will.” During the 2010 season, which runs from March until November, the Blue Angels are scheduled to perform 68 air shows across the United States.
Dennis Corporation Environmental Scientist, Mr. Marcus Sizemore said after seeing the demonstrations, “The Blue Angels were an awesome display of precision and modern technology that when seen in person is a reminder of how great of a nation we live in. It was a wonderful experience for Dennis Corporation staff and all our clients who were present.”
The members of the 2010 Blue Angels Squadron include:
- Flying Blue Angel No.1 Commander Greg McWherter (Commander/Leader)
- Flying Blue Angel No.2 Lieutenant James Tomaszeski (Right Wing)
- Flying Blue Angel No.3 Lieutenant Robert Kurrle Jr. (Left Wing)
- Flying Blue Angel No.4 Major Chris Collins USMC (Slot)
- Flying Blue Angel No.5 Lieutenant Commander Frank Weisser (Lead Solo)
- Flying Blue Angel No.6 Lieutenant Ben Walborn (Opposing Solo)
- Flying Blue Angel No.7 Lieutenant Christian Simonsen (Advance Pilot/Narrator)
- Lieutenant Amy Tomlinson No.8 (Events Coordinator)
- Major Brendan Burks USMC (C-130 Pilot)
- Captain Edward Jorge USMC (C-130 Pilot)
- Captain Benjamin Blanton USMC (C-130 Pilot)
- Lieutenant John Thompson (Maintenance Officer)
- Lieutenant Johannah Valentine (Flight Surgeon)
- Chief Warrant Officer 4 Adolfo P. DeMontalvo (Executive/Administrative Officer)
- Captain Tyson Dunkelberger USMC (Public Affairs Officer)
- Chief Warrant Officer 3 Clive Dixon (Supply Officer)
Dennis Corporation is a South Carolina licensed civil engineering, surveying and construction management firm. Dennis Corporation’s specific fields of expertise include aviation engineering, civil infrastructure, construction management, construction services, environmental services, expert witness, geotechnical engineering, intelligent transportation systems, program management, special projects, surveying, traffic engineering, transportation engineering and water resources.